Burogloo works with a wide range of clients, from financial institutions, retailers and developers through to charitable institutions and residential home-owners looking to rebuild or remodel. We offer a wide range of services, from feasibility studies through to project completion, as well as development strategy consultancy. Our service is always adapted to suit the needs of a particular project, but may include:
Initial appraisal and project advice:
- At the beginning of any project, the client will need initial advice on the possibilities and problems presented by their building and/or site. We offer this advice and work with you to define what you want to achieve and how the project should be approached.
- We will visit you, free of charge, to help define your project’s parameters and your requirements in terms of professional advice going forward.
- In our usual role as project leader, we head up the project team for you, handle contract administration and help you to manage other professionals and local authority contacts. We act as your ‘eyes and ears’ throughout the project, chairing regular progress meetings and issuing you with easy to read minutes and reports.
- We offer a complete project delivery service. From day one until completion, we offer a full-time, dedicated service, offering advice and solutions as and when they are needed. We are always contactable.
Cost and procurement advice:
- We know it is vital that you understand the cost of a project right from the start, and how that relates to your budget and targets. We can prepare cost projection documents to help develop business plans, and later we can provide in-depth cost reports, keeping you abreast of project expenditure.
- We help you through the processes of delivering a project, offering advice on contract matters from inception forward, advising on local authority and government issues and obligations, assisting in the appointment of team members and contractors and always supporting you through the decision-making process.
Architectural appraisal and site optimisation advice:
- Building on our initial appraisal, we collect site and/or building information to help optimise what you have, whether that involves better space planning of existing space, creation of new space or full-scale redevelopment. Whatever the project aims, it is imperative that the site and building are properly understood from the outset.
- We offer practical design advice on the possibilities afforded by a site or property, and help to develop your brief from the seed of an idea into design solutions for consideration and development. Often a project brief will alter over the first stages of appraisal and concept design, and we see this as both healthy and necessary to achieve the best possible result.
- As part of our analysis and appraisal service, we offer feasibility study services whereby we develop a selection of design solutions, taking into account other professional advice, and often local authority (planning) advice and observations.
- We prepare concept designs and report on probable project success and hurdles that will need to be overcome along the way.
- Our feasibility studies often help kick-start projects, and help our clients understand and appreciate the complexities of projects as they begin, allowing them to make informed choices about development extent, programme and budget.
- From concept designs, which we develop with the client, we produce effective and attractive planning application packages. This documentation is led by the client brief and developed to ensure compliance with planning guidelines and constraints. Our experience of working closely with local authority development control departments means we are well placed to deliver effective design solutions that stand a very good chance of achieving planning consent.
- We produce detailed sketches and visuals to help both the client and local authority fully understand the scheme, preparing documentation to best complement the planning application drawings.
- We prepare and submit all necessary documentation in order that a planning application can be lodged. We then track that application and report on progress and likely outcome, always keeping our client up to date.
- We liaise with the planning authorities regularly throughout an application process, working to ensure our client’s proposals are fully understood and suited to both planning guidelines and site and building context and constraints. Whether it is in a conservation area or on an industrial estate, we understand that planning application success is key to any development.
Tender and design development packages:
- Whether we have been involved in the previous stages or not, we can take your project forward from acquiring planning consent to the next level.
- We offer procurement advice, help to select contractors, products and a procurement route. Our view is that a project’s success is largely determined by the preparation involved before building work commences, and we guide you through this crucial time, looking to fully define project scope, cost and programme.
- We prepare all tender documentation for you, from project and site information through to full contract documentation, specifications, works scopes and other essential data.
- We handle the tender process, inviting building contractors to tender projects and examining and analysing tender return packages for you. We can also help negotiate a fixed contract price from a chosen contractor.
Full working drawings / construction detailing packages:
- Our detailed design service can take design packages from planning stage to tender and beyond, preparing contract and construction drawing packages that are customised to the project, brief, procurement route and programme.
- Our drawing packages ensure the client and contractor fully understand the design and that the contractor can successfully implement the works to an agreed programme and budget. In this way our detail packages are designed to ensure that your expectations are met and exceeded by the construction phase works.
Interior and finishes design advice:
- We offer a holistic approach to interior space design, ensuring space is maximised and both attractive and functional. We see the development of the internal design, and how the spaces look and feel, as an essential part of an overall architectural design solution.
- We offer advice on finishes, products and palettes, helping you make the most of your internal space, be it new or old.
- Our design service puts together complete, considered interiors and finishes presentations, to help you get what you want in terms of product quality and value. This is not only essential to help you to understand how spaces will look and feel, but also for tendering contractors to ensure accurate costing and implementation.
Whatever the service you require, we should be able to help you! Please do not hesitate to contact us. We can offer free, professional advice and are happy to chat through any project you have in mind.